American Maritime Heritage Day
Join us and help celebrate the third annual Amagansett Maritime Heritage Day on Saturday, Oct. 16
- 10 a.m. | Keep our shoreline clean and join the Surfrider Foundation for a beach cleanup.
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Museum Open with ongoing activities
- Educator Captain David Cataletto will recreate an actual ocean rescue, especially for the youth. In addition, knot tying and marine science exhibits will be on view at the museum.
- The Amagansett Station will have a children’s writing & drawing station with age-specific explorations to envision life at the Station, architecture, tools, and maritime science. Participants will be provided with a varied writing or art assignment to complete on the grounds to earn a unique A.L.S.S. custom patch to commemorate the day.
- Children can enjoy a special maritime-themed art project with scientist Stacy Myers. Students will learn the nautical flag alphabet and then use the letters to create artwork with their names and initials.
- 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. | Enjoy a special demonstration from Grain Surfboards.
- Visit all participating locations from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. for free activities for the whole family!
Activities all day, all free! Join the Amagansett Station alongside the East Hampton Historical Society, the Amagansett Free Library, the East Hampton Marine Museum, and the East End Classic Boat Society. Visit all participating locations from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. for free activities for the whole family!
Connect With Us