Please note these events are subject to change.
- May 7 | Doors Open for the 2022 Summer Season. Come have a tour with our docents Saturdays & Sundays, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. May – October
- May 7 | 5 p.m. A Special presentation on sea stories from the Life-Saving Service with the author and Captain George Grimes. 6 p.m. – Reception to follow. REGISTER HERE Advance registration is required
- May 14 | 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. International Water Safety Day with fun and educational activities at the Station helping to waterproof our community. Click for more info
- June 1 | “Sufficient For Life-Saving,” a traveling exhibition from the U.S.L.S.S. Heritage Association visits the Amagansett Station June 1 – Sept. 1
- June 11 | 5 p.m. Commemorate the 80th anniversary of the interception of the saboteurs with a staged reading of firsthand accounts of Coast Guard personnel on duty when the saboteurs came ashore, including dialogue from the encounter on the beach between saboteur George Dasch and Seaman John Cullen. The reading will take the form of a 1940s-style radio broadcast titled “Cavalcade of America,” produced and directed by Hugh King, who will preside, together with Elena Prohaska Glinn, Ted Hults, Sonny Sireci, David Cataletto, and Isabel Carmichael. This event is free and open to the public; space, however, is limited and seating is first come first served. Wearing a mask inside in required. Doors open, at 160 Atlantic Avenue, at 4:45 p.m.
- June 18 | Libero Canto recital
- July 5 – Aug. 12 | CHILDREN’S PROGRAM. Join our very own Trustee and Marine Science educator, Stacy Myers for a Marine Explorers Summer Program with the East Hampton Historical Society at the Marine Museum. Programs vary for ages 6-15. To learn more and register, visit here
- July 9 | 6th Annual (in-person) Fund-Raising Lobster Bake
- July 17 | 4 – 6 p.m. Opening reception for Now Here, a community partnership with Guild Hall featuring custom work by Alice Hope, Toni Ross, and Bastienne Schmidt and curated by Christina Strassfield inspired by the navigational and lifesaving apparatuses used by the L.S.S. Exhibit on view from July 16 through Sept. 30
- July 31 | 3 p.m. “Meet the Artists” public program
- Aug. 6 | 12 – 3 p.m. Family workshop with the artists from the Now Here exhibit
- Aug. 13 | 12 – 3 p.m. Family workshop with the artists from the Now Here exhibit
- Aug. 20 | 5 p.m. Panel discussion with the Now Here artists
- Oct. 8 | Maritime Heritage Celebration with the East Hampton Historical Society
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on upcoming events and education programs.
Connect With Us
Season opening, May 2022
Docent tours May - Oct. 2022,
Weekends 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
or by appointment.
Please obey Covid-19 protection protocols onsite. Masks will be required for all visitors above age 2. Only guided tours with our resident docents will be permitted inside the Station at this time. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.